CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday 15 May 2013

Something a little bit different ...

Hello Everyone,

A little bit of a different post today!  This morning I met up with my lovely friend Louise.  Louise and I were at school together and she is my oldest friend - old, as in long standing friendship as opposed to old you understand, she and I are obviously still VERY young!!!  We don't live that near to each other but try and get together once every couple of months or so.

Anyway, back to the point (I will get to it eventually I promise!), during our lovely chat over coffee in Marks and Spencers we ended up chatting about food; cooking, recipes etc.  In the years I have known Louise she hasn't ever been big on cooking (I am sure she won't take offence at my saying that... well, hopefully not otherwise it could be the end of a beautiful friendship!), but the last time we got together she confessed that she was becoming known amongst friends and other school mums as a bit of a 'foodie' and someone to consult about dinners and recipes etc.  Well I was a little taken aback (and wondered what had happened to my friend!), but as I love talking about food, cooking and eating it as well, we had fun discussing recipes and so I nagged at her to send me some.  However, she said that she would only send me one if we exchanged and as I was telling her about some gorgeous 'Oat and Raisin Cookies' I had made recently I thought I would share the recipe with her and anyone else who is interested :).

The recipe for these yummy cookies is from Joanne Wheatley (winner of one of the 'Great British Bake Offs') and I had her book for Christmas which is full of absolutely gorgeous goodies.  Anyway, here goes with the recipe.



Oat & Raisin Cookies - makes 18-20

170g unsalted butter, softened
200g soft light brown sugar
120g caster sugar
1 large egg, beaten
4 tsp sunflower oil
250g plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp cinnomon
150g rolled oats
200g raisins

You will also need 2-3 baking trays lined with baking parchment

Preheat oven to 180oC/350oF/Gas Mark 4.  With a mixer cream together the butter and both the sugars until pale and light.  Add the egg and oil and mix again.

Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon into the bowl, add the oats and raisins and mix again until smooth and thoroughly combined.

Using your hands, roll the cookie dough into walnut-sized balls (large walnuts in my opinion!) and place onto the prepared baking trays.  Allow plenty of space between each cookie as they will spread during baking.

Slightly flatten the cookies with the palm of your hand and bake on the middle shelf of the preheated oven for about 20 minutes until golden and firm.

Cool on wire racks
A close up!



(I thought I would add a picture of Jo's book with the cookies in case I get done for copyright infringement!!!)

Louise was 'concerned' that the oat and raisin part sounded a little bit too healthy for her but in my opinion this just means that you can eat cookies and pretend they are good for you, a win, win situation!!!  Anyway, let me know if you have a go - they are really easy - and I can't wait to hear what you think.

Happy baking!

Love Kate xx

No comments:

Post a Comment