CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday 11 February 2014

Card Class

Hello Everyone,

I haven't actually disappeared off the face of the planet although it probably seems that way!  I have been busy crafting but just haven't quite fitted blogging into my schedule, sorry!

A couple of weeks ago I was really excited to be attending a Class at Sir Stampalot which is 'up' in Peterborough (up for me anyway!).  It isn't a shop that is exactly on my doorstep but I particularly wanted to attend as the class was being taken by 'Crafty Lou'.  Lou, or Louise Molesworth, is an extremely talented lady whose work I have admired for a while.  She is on the Design Team for both Lilli of the Valley and Sir Stampalot and she uses Distress Markers mainly to colour her images and I love the way her cards are so detailed without being over-the-top.  I hadn't used Distress Markers so was keen to learn from Lou and here is the card we created in the class.


And a couple of, slightly out of focus, close-ups so that you can see the layering and the attention to detail.

The class was three hours long and even then I didn't quite get finished although almost.  The colouring on Tilda was my first attempt at Distress Markers and I was quite pleased although it is a long way from being perfect.  I have now had to treat myself to some Distress Markers so that I can practice; life is hard!!

Happy Crafting!

Kate xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment